Most reputable dentists agree in a single professional opinion that the elimination of defects in the chewing area is subject to immediate implementation in order to improve the general condition of the patient. The absence or pain of teeth in this place is fraught with serious consequences.
First of all, it is the inability to chew food in a natural way, which can lead to problems with digestion and the gastrointestinal tract as a whole. The second significant disease can be noticeably sagging skin in the area of the cheekbones, which will cause premature aging of the face. In addition, the inevitable consequence will be a noticeable increase in the load on neighboring incisors, because of which the entire oral cavity can undergo a process of destruction.
Such physiological abnormalities confirm the fact that it is necessary to deal with the restoration of removed or destroyed teeth as soon as possible.
Ways to eliminate the above dysfunctions is prosthetics or implantation of chewing teeth.
High-quality dental prosthetics services are provided by Dr. Lopatin dentistry.
General characteristics and main functions of chewing teeth
The numbering of teeth in dentistry is designed to simplify the work of doctors. In modern medicine, a methodology has been developed to treat each problem area, which significantly speeds up the process of treating and identifying a diagnosis.
In the oral cavity, the numeration begins to be made from the central teeth in the direction to the right and to the left, respectively. The frontal bone formations denoted by numbers 1 and 2 are cutting teeth.
Then canines are located, which are inherited by man from long-time ancestors and are intended to tear off consumer products.
The most problematic areas in dentistry are small chewing teeth, called premolars, numbered four and five.
Premolars are followed by large chewing teeth - molars. In anatomy, they are assigned numbers six, seven and eight.
Chewing teeth are designed to grind food until it enters the alimentary canal in order to ensure the normal processing of food products. Due to the large load, they are most often destroyed.
- In particular, the function of premolars is the splitting of food into smaller parts when they are ingested into the oral cavity. These teeth have two pronounced hillocks on the chewing surface.
- Molars are called to chew and grind food. They are a massive form with a large chewing surface.
Permissible Prosthetics for Chewing Teeth
Reconstruction of the bone formations of the oral cavity for a long time has been performed by specialists in orthodontics as a way to treat and improve the visual appearance of teeth. Thanks to some medical innovations, a wide range of patients have a chance to correct the subtle external defects of the teeth. Or to correct more serious violations: to compensate for the lack of bone formation, to restore the functionality of the dentition.
The following types of prosthetics are used for chewing teeth:
- The installation of removable dentures is used with the comprehensive loss of teeth on one or both jaws.Here, a plus is the ability of the patient to single-handedly insert them into the oral cavity or, similarly, remove them without any difficulty. After removal from the oral cavity, hygienic processing of artificial substitutes is easy. The design becomes clean, the stuck remnants of food elements are removed from it, and it takes on a new look.
- A partial denture has its significance in replenishing a group of teeth or a single process. This type of artificial substitutes is used in cases of detection of defects of great length and with the loss of the main chewing teeth. In addition, it is allowed to use it in the absence of only one tooth. Thus, his task is to restore the lost fragments of the dentition.
- Non-removable prosthetics can be of several types. If the chewing surface is damaged, the dentist may recommend to install non-removable dentures in the form of ceramic dental inserts. They act as an alternative to filling and with the help of their assistance it is allowed to replenish a rather voluminous affected area. They are made of ceramics, which makes them almost indestructible and eliminates clogging.
- The next type of fixed prostheses are crowns. The area of their use is realized in those incidents when most of the tissues are damaged or broken, but there is no need to remove them. This design is able to completely simulate a real tooth with all its anatomical properties. Its manufacture from metal, metal-ceramic and ceramic materials is permissible.
- Dentures on implants are artificial metal structures that serve as the root of a tooth. They are implanted into bone tissue and exploited in cases when no viable elements are left from the native teeth. Afterwards, a prosthesis that simulates gums with teeth is placed on them, or a crown is put on.
Prosthetic selection rules
The choice of design is fully determined by the peculiarities of the structure of the teeth and the general state of health of the patient. What dentures are best used individually, only a dentist is able to determine after conducting comprehensive studies, including a panoramic picture of the jaws, X-rays and detection of common diseases.
Different types of artificial substitutes differ in the type of their regular removal, the type of fixation, and the material. If it is inconvenient for you to take out and wash dentures often, then it is better to refuse removable types of dentures. In this case, fit the crowns, tabs or dentures on implants.
When determining the material, it is better to use cermets, since all the most modern prostheses are made of it. But it should be borne in mind that this is one of the most expensive alloys.
Plastic prostheses are simple and hardy enough in their application. The downside is that this material absorbs all the enzymes that end up in the mouth in the process of life. Over time, the hue of the artificial tooth and its neck are transformed, they become bluish.
A very inexpensive and common type of prosthetics are fixed bridges made of stamped crowns. The basis of their manufacture are chromium and cobalt. The advantages are their lightness and the fact that the tooth is little ground. In addition, this design can be performed with any bite and with teeth of different sizes. Small defects of this type can manifest themselves in a negative impact on health. Chrome-cobalt alloys contribute to the oxidation process in the mouth, and this is not harmless to the pancreas.
Before prosthetics, deformed teeth are treated, caries and tartar are cleaned. Perform hygienic rinsing of the oral cavity.All these measures allow to get rid of the foci of infections in the oral cavity and thereby eliminate the risk of inflammatory processes.
Then perform the model of the mold, on the basis of which the prosthesis is made. When installing fixed prostheses, as a rule, the crown itself is corrected, with removable prostheses - crowns, plates, fasteners.
Features of prosthetic care
It will take about one month to get used to the artificial construction. Due to the fact that this body is foreign to the body, it should be given an appropriate level of hygienic service.
An important component of care is the constant flushing of the prosthesis. It is recommended to carry out this process after each meal. If the situation is impossible to remove the prosthesis, the best option would be to rinse it thoroughly. It is best to use boiled water.
At bedtime, with proper handling of the prosthesis, it is necessary to remove it from the mouth and place it in a special antiseptic fluid.
Regarding the issue of storage of this design, it is worth noting that modern prostheses made of acrylic and nylon materials are resistant to dry environments. It is allowed to leave them on a soft fabric surface.
To clean the removable denture from bacteria is allowed by any device for cleaning the teeth. The peculiarity is that as a material for applying a special paste is required, the form of which is consistent with the doctors. Once a year, the prosthesis is subjected to professional treatment. This deals with many dental clinics.
Thus, when serious problems with chewing teeth are detected, their prosthetics should be performed as soon as possible. In this case, you must necessarily rely on the recommendations of the doctor and proceed from his opinion.
When choosing the material of the prosthesis is based on personal financial opportunities.
After the prosthesis, there will be a slight discomfort in the mouth, but you will have to endure it. With all the instructions of doctors and proper care, dentures will relieve their owners from complex health problems and will last for a long period of time.