Everyone knows what a toothache is. It may occur suddenly, taking him by surprise. It often happens that a person cannot immediately consult a doctor. Toothache is shooting, aching, pulsating. She does not allow to fall asleep, exhausts, prevents to lead a normal life. How can you eliminate toothache before a visit to the doctor? Let's try to figure it out.
Causes of Toothache
Basically toothache occurs as a result of damage to the tooth nerve (pulp) or the tissues surrounding the tooth. It manifests itself in different ways: it can be aching, shooting or pulsating, given to the temple or ear, amplified by heat, cold, mechanical stimuli, provoke a migraine.
Pain in the tooth provoke the following diseases:
- enamel cracks;
- exposure of the tooth neck;
- violation of technology when filling the tooth.
All these diseases must be treated at the dentist. Even if you managed to eliminate the pain, this does not mean that the tooth is cured. Dental tissues are not able to repair themselves and discomfort at any time can return. The pain in the tooth can disappear for a long time, but this only indicates that the inflammatory process from the acute phase has passed into the chronic, the nervous tissues begin to die off, as a result of which serious complications such as bone inflammation, abscess, and phlegmon develop.
Besides, under the toothache can "mask" other diseases. For example, if a person has diseases of the jaw joints, then there are sensations that are similar to a toothache. The same discomfort occurs when the inflammation of the maxillary sinus or the trigeminal nerve.
How to quickly relieve toothache?
If a an attack of pain in the tooth caught up with a person in such a situation, when there is no possibility to immediately contact a dentist, then the problem must be solved in an integrated way:
- you should first brush your teeth thoroughly;
- then clean the interdental spaces with dental floss;
- rinse your mouth with soda, a solution of ordinary or sea salt, or just warm water;
- take painkillers or use traditional methods of treatment.
If the pain in the tooth arose as a result of deep caries, then all irritating factors are eliminated first. Rinse the mouth thoroughly. After getting rid of all food debris that are stuck in the "hole", the pain after some time must pass.
To enhance the effect of rinsing and partial removal of edema tissues help decoctions of medicinal plants and solutions of substances that have antiseptic properties. It can be decoctions of calendula, camomile, calamus bark, sage, plantain, St. John's wort. From pharmacy means use furatsilin, potassium permanganate, iodine.
Good help with toothache salt solution, which is a wonderful natural antiseptic. Even when used in large doses, it is impossible to get a burn of the mucous and it does not cause allergies. Saline solution is used by pregnant and lactating women to get rid of toothache, and they can also rinse the mouth of young children.
Another way to help eliminate oral discomfort - This is rinsing with strong alcoholic drinks. You can use vodka, whiskey, brandy. It is necessary to take a big sip and hold the liquid around the sore spot for a while.As soon as the gums absorb alcohol and become numb, the pain should subside. After the procedure, alcohol should be spit out.
Helps with this disease acupressure. This method has been known since ancient times, and if it is done correctly, the pain will recede.
Mentally draw a straight line on the inner surface of the brush from the index and thumb. Choose a point where the intersection of these lines occurs and massage it until a slight pain occurs. But this method cannot be used during pregnancy, as excessive exposure to this point can provoke premature birth.
The hand is placed on the angle of the lower jaw on the part of the patient's tooth. Thereafter teeth should be squeezed tight and in the place where the nodule originated, it is necessary to find the most sensitive point. It should be well massaged until the pain passes.
Another way to help get rid of toothache - is the impact on the area, which is located in the middle between the upper lip and the base of the nose. It is necessary to press on this point so that light painful sensations arise. Another point that helps eliminate pain is at the intersection of the line of the pupil and the zygomatic arch.
Dots should be operated with a finger pad, gently pressing on them in a circular motion. The movements are first performed counterclockwise, then clockwise.
Use of painkillers
Painkillers are almost in every home medicine chest, but they should be taken correctly, as they are toxic and can harm health. Such funds are divided into several groups:
- Non-narcotic pain medications that help with moderate or mild pain. These drugs include Analgin, Aspirin, Paracetamol, etc.
- Non-narcotic painkillers with severe pain. Such remedies as Ibuklin and Ibufen perfectly cope with its elimination. The main thing is to stick to the desired dosage. Ibuklin is a combination of ibufena and paracetamol, therefore recommended even for children. Especially strong painkillers are Aktasulid, Ketanov, Nise, which include nimesulide. But they have side effects and contraindications, so they should be taken with caution, no more than 2 tablets per day.
- Painkillers of the drug group. These are Promedol, Omnopon, Fentanyl, Morphine. It is worth noting that no matter how strong the toothache, these funds should not be taken. Their action violates the transmission of nerve endings in the spinal cord and brain, and they have an impact on the psyche.
- Anti-spasmodic drugs - Drotaverinum, Papaverin, No-shpa. The action of these drugs is aimed at relieving smooth muscle spasm. They are rarely used for toothache, but they help well.
For pain relief use tabletsof which there are many. But before choosing such a drug, it is necessary to take into account such factors as the presence of chronic diseases that may become an obstacle to their use.
With a toothache, Baralgin helps very well. At the same time, 2 tablets should be taken, and the maximum dosage per day - 6 tablets. You can not take this drug during pregnancy, people with liver and kidney diseases, as well as children under 15 years of age.
- Nurofen not only relieves pain, but also reduces inflammation of the gums. Its effectiveness is associated with the main active substance - codeine. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose, and its contraindications are diseases of the liver, kidney, hypertension and Crohn's disease.
- Analgin is an inexpensive and affordable tool, but with a strong toothache, it is not too effective. He copes well with moderate aching pain. You can not put a tablet directly on the tooth, because tooth enamel is damaged.
- Nise tablets are a potent agent that is taken with a strong toothache. It is eliminated in just a few minutes, and the effect lasts 6 to 8 hours. It is forbidden during pregnancy.
- Ketarol is the strongest anesthetic drug. Per day, take 3 tablets, drinking them down with plenty of water. If this is not done, the healing effect comes a little later.
- Tempalgin well reduces strong pain. It can not be taken in violation of the functions of the liver and kidneys and certain blood diseases. For toothache, a pill is taken four times a day.
There are a large number effective folk remedies from pain in the tooth, tested for centuries. The most popular method is the use of clove oil, which relieves pain and relieve purulent inflammation. A cotton pad or gauze pad moistened in this oil is applied to the gum on the part of the problem tooth. You can also drop a few drops on a tooth. If this oil is not found, then you can just chew the flowers of cloves.
Pumpkin tails are used both for baths and for rinsing the mouth, and for this they are dried, and if necessary, poured with boiling water and infused for one hour.
Good copes with the disease propolis, a piece of which is applied to the affected place. Biologically active substances of such bee glue have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
The most affordable way is to use the plantain root, which should be rinsed, and then applied to the problem tooth. The pain disappears after 30 minutes.
In this way, with a sudden tooth problem There are many different ways to help get rid of it. But they are aimed only at eliminating the symptoms, and not the underlying cause. Therefore, as soon as the opportunity to visit the dentist appears, it must be done as soon as possible.