The aching pain and aching teeth is a very unpleasant phenomenon. And if not one tooth hurts, but several at once, then the discomfort in the oral cavity doubles. Enamel covers teeth, protecting them from all possible damage.
It is the densest tissue in the human body. 95% composed of inorganic substances. With its thinning, pathologies arise. Because of what the aching or sharp pain, an ache is shown.
Sensitivity and ache of the front teeth is a signal that it is time to consult a dentist to determine the cause of these symptoms.
Manifestations of sensitivity and aches
Hypersensitivity (hyperesthesia) occurs in the zone of one or several upper and lower teeth, and sometimes all of them simultaneously. There are three main degrees hypersensitivity.
- The ache from external temperature stimuli: hot or cold food, air.
- The appearance of unpleasant sensations caused by chemical irritants, for example, sweet or sour food.
- Painful sensations not only from external temperature and chemical effects, but also from touching.
Localization of pain
To determine where exactly the pain occurs, you need to conduct an inspection of the oral cavity. The injury site may bleed. In addition, when examined by a dentist uses a special toolwhich knocks alternately on all teeth.
With this effect, increased pain will be felt from the affected side. To determine the affected place also use cold water. A sore spot will react badly to such a temperature difference.
Determine the localization of pain can be by feeling the gums. Swelling will occur in the damaged area. But the most reliable way is this is a radiograph. In order not to face the aches and pain in the lower or upper teeth, you should periodically visit the doctor for a routine examination.
Breaking teeth, what are the reasons
Both upper and lower teeth ache for various reasons. And these reasons may not always be related to each other.
- One of the reasons is the imbalance of nutrients in the human body. Malnutrition leads to a lack of vitamins and trace elements that are necessary for the body to work properly and restore all tissues, including enamel. This is reflected in the condition of all teeth. They hurt and whine.
- Damaged enamel. With microcracks and chips there are painful sensations, teeth are reduced.
- This is especially evident when eating cold or hot food.
- Diseases of the gums. They are one of the main reasons why teeth whine.
- If the ache occurred after the treatment or whitening of the front teeth, then this indicates a possible allergic reaction to the drugs. And it can also indicate the development of caries.
- Loss and pain in the teeth can be a consequence of diseases of the nervous system, gastrointestinal tract, and infectious diseases.
- Hormonal disorders and climax are also the reasons why teeth are reduced.
- Often, the aches and pains are due to mechanical stress. For example, blows, injuries of the gums, pressure.
- Stress is a very common reason that teeth can ache. In a stressful situation, inflammation of the facial nerve may occur, which may be accompanied by toothache as well.
- Improper or incomplete oral hygiene also leads to painful manifestations.
- A special place is occupied by heredity. If the family suffered from dental diseases, then it is likely that this will be passed on to subsequent generations. In this case, it is especially necessary to pay due attention to dental hygiene.
What should be the treatment
If you ache your teeth when using certain foods or during brushing, you should go to the dentist right away. It will help determine the root cause of the symptoms that have occurred and will tell you how to treat all teeth.
If the cause of the arisen pain is periodontal disease or caries, then first of all this disease should be cured. And only then proceed to the restoration of enamel.
When the main cause of the pain is eliminated, the dentist will help in the selection of special means that strengthen the enamel. These funds restore enamel, accordingly, will reduce sensitivity, will eliminate an ache and painful sensations.
As a rule, the basis of such drugs are fluorine and potassium salts. If your front teeth ache from long-term use of whitening toothpaste, the dentist will offer you special mineral complexes to strengthen the enamel.
You can eliminate the aches and reduce the sensitivity of the teeth by ultrasound sessions. But this problem can be solved at home.
Procedures at home
If for some reason it is not possible to go to the dentist on the first day of the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, then you can use folk remedies to relieve pain. Such methods will help:
- Rinsing the mouth with sage solution. This procedure will not completely eliminate the pain, but it will reduce pain.
- You can rinse the mouth with chamomile decoction. It should be at room temperature. If it is too hot, it can cause acute pain.
- Tincture of oak bark also eliminates pain. It is necessary to rinse her mouth as soon as she felt the pain.
- Well helps solution of soda and salt. It disinfects the oral cavity well, eliminates food microparticles, eases all painful sensations.
- A very effective remedy for eliminating aches and pain is clove oil. They can simply lubricate the sore spot or apply a cotton swab dipped in clove oil. In the pharmacy of America, this tool is sold to eliminate the pain in the teeth.
- And also will help pain pills, for example, Analgin or Ketorol.
As a rule, the treatment of hypersensitivity and aching of teeth takes place under the supervision of a dentist. Reduces sensitivity very well remineralization therapy and other procedures.
But there are a number of actions that can be performed at home as a disease prevention:
- use a soft brush for cleaning, as well as a paste for sensitive teeth;
- protect the oral cavity and gums from external mechanical damage;
- after each meal, rinse the mouth with plain water at room temperature;
- periodically massage the gums with fingers;
- If necessary, take multivitamins and high calcium supplements.
When hyperesthesia is very important to settle the diet. First of all, the food consumed should be of medium temperature, not hot and not too cold. As for the products themselves, it is important that they contain the following components:
- Vitamin A. It is found in eggs, liver and in large quantities in carrots.
- Calcium. Contained in dairy products, greens, cabbage.
- Fluorine. It can be obtained from nuts and seafood.
And here are some foods will have to excludeif you ache your teeth. This is especially true for sweets, carbonated drinks, seeds, fresh juices. And also have to do without citrus.