Toothpaste is a must-have for oral hygiene. However, now the choice on the market is so extensive that it is difficult for the average person to find a good pasta. This leads to the fact that on the shelves in the bathroom appear poor-quality and completely inappropriate hygiene products. To avoid such a development of events, it is required to study the rating of toothpastes and get acquainted with their classification.
Types and classifications of toothpastes
Regular paste is homogeneous in its consistency, has the appearance of a dense mass with a fresh mint flavor. Preparations for sensitive enamel are a gel without grinding particles, which whiten the enamel, injuring it. All pastes are classified according to two criteria - the nature of the application and purpose.
By the nature of the application of the paste are:
- For everyday use. They do not stratify the enamel, as they contain a small proportion of abrasive components.
- For periodic or one-time cleaning. Such drugs are aimed at solving specific problems that require "heavy artillery." They are concentrated a large amount of therapeutic components.
The systematic dental hygiene in the morning and evening not only removes plaque and parts of food eaten, but also has a beneficial effect on blood circulation in all tissues inside the mouth. During a kind of dental “massage”, metabolic processes in mucous membranes are activated. It helps the teeth and gums to stay healthy. However, frequent use of concentrated disposable pastes can only harm the oral cavity.
Another more extensive classification of pastes - by appointment. The choice of remedy depends on whether the person has serious problems with the teeth or the paste is chosen as a means to prevent caries. On this list we will stop in more detail.
Hygienic toothpastes belong to the means of the first generation. They have two functions:
- Mild neutralization of plaque and food pieces;
- Eliminate unpleasant breathing.
Such pastes are bought by people whose teeth are completely healthy. A healthy oral cavity means the absence of any lesions of the periodontal, teeth and mucous membranes.
Fully hygienic paste now is not easy to find in supermarkets, as a unit of adults have a healthy oral cavity. This type of product is most often used for cleansing children's teeth.
Therapeutic and Prophylactic
They belong to the second generation of mouth cleansing products. Serve for the treatment and prevention of:
- Inflamed lesions in the gums;
- Hypersensitivity tooth enamel.
This type of paste prevents the formation of dense deposits on hard tissues. In addition, some pastes can boast a bleaching effect and help fight the appearance of the fungus.
The most extensive category, which is further divided into 2 groups. These are 3rd and 4th generation combined toothpastes and 5th generation integrated products.
Combined treatment-and-prophylactic pastes consist of many elements, but help to eliminate only one problem. They may have one of the following functions:
- Prevention of caries. They contain fluoride adhesions, antimicrobial substances, enzymes, and minerals.
- Neutralization of enamel hyperesthesia. Contains formalin and potassium with the addition of strontium.
- Teeth whitening Active substances - abrasives, sodium borate as a peroxide compound. Contains the components preventing crystallization.
- Treatment of inflamed gums and periodontal disease. It contains antiseptics, anti-inflammatory drugs, enzymes, minerals. To prevent inflammation, the drug is filled with extracts from sage, pine needles, chamomile, St. John's wort or green tea.
- Resistance to the formation of stone on the teeth. They contain abrasive particles, which also bleach enamel.
- Salinity of hard tissues to strengthen teeth. In such compositions add phosphorus, fluoride constituents, various trace elements. These funds are advised to buy with a deficiency of phosphorus in drinking water or insufficient calcium intake.
It is important! Bleaching pastes do not give a long-term effect. They are able to lighten a little tooth enamel with constant and long-term use, but can not be compared in their effect with professional bleaching at the dentist.
They contain several active active components, due to which they are able to solve several problems at once. They are anti-inflammatory, anti-caries or with a general effect. In addition, each paste is supplemented with auxiliary components, which make the effect of the application more extensive. A detailed description of each type with different optional components is presented in the table below.
|Active action||Additional effects|
|Anti-caries (used to prevent caries)|
|Anti-inflammatory (treat periodontal inflammation and serve to prevent its bleeding)|
|Anti-inflammatory and anti-caries (at the same time serve to prevent caries and treat bleeding gums)|
The vast majority of modern pastes contain several active active ingredients, so they can be considered complex. In addition, one and the same potent substance can eliminate several pathologies of tooth enamel.
Rating toothpastes of different categories
A huge variety of toothpastes makes long and carefully choose the right one. In fact, it is hard work, as many manufacturers, wanting to make money, add components that are dangerous to the human body to the preparations.
When choosing a means of caring for the oral cavity, it is important to concentrate on the composition of the drug and the reliability of the manufacturer.To make it easier for consumers, we have compiled ratings of the best toothpastes. They can choose the drug that is suitable for the nature of the action and cost.
Best Medicated Pastes
Such pastes not only clean the oral cavity from harmful microorganisms, but also intensively deal with lesions of the oral cavity. Usually they treat the most common problems - inflammation of the gums and caries. Brushing teeth occurs twice a day, so the active ingredients regularly enter the body. They give local healing action and gradually eliminate the problem completely. So, the best healing pastes:
SATO Acess from gingivitis and periodontal disease
In the composition of the drug are listed only natural ingredients. These are extracts of the root of ratania, chamomile, myrrh. Active substances destroy bacteria, eliminate inflammation, reduce bleeding gums. The average cost of packaging is 1000 rubles, the volume is 60 g.
- Perfectly fights swelling of the gums and suppresses purulent processes;
- Suppresses inflammation in the mucous structure;
- Treats bleeding gums and relieves them;
- Does not contain lightening particles, so does not spoil the enamel.
- Almost impossible to purchase in a pharmacy, and is available when ordering via the Internet.
The best tool for those who have thinned and very weak enamel. Toothpaste contains potassium nitrate in its structure, which allows to reduce the susceptibility of nerve endings. It provides teeth with minerals, strengthens, protects against caries, while not damaging the tooth tissue. The average price is 104 rubles, the volume is 85 ml.
- Treats enamel microcracks and makes it smooth;
- Reduces the sensitivity of dental tissues;
- With long-term use, the acute reaction of enamel to cold is neutralized;
- Does not contain sodium dodecyl sulfate (SLS), which is harmful to health;
- Availability in stores and attractive price.
- Contraindicated in persons with hypersensitivity to substances in the composition of the paste.
Biorepair Oralcare Protezione Gengive
Toothpaste from the famous manufacturer Biorepair. It is a professional therapeutic drug. It contains vitamins A, B, C, D and hyaluronic acid for hydration. Paste allows you to enhance the work of cells in the tissues of the tooth enamel, stops inflammation, treats damage to the enamel. It is recommended for patients with periodontal disease, gingivitis or microcracks of dental tissues. The average price of a package is 530 rubles, the volume is 75 ml.
- Stops the development of bacteria causing caries;
- It has a strong healing and anti-inflammatory effect;
- Regenerates damaged tooth tissue;
- Strengthens the walls of blood vessels in the mucous and treats bleeding gums;
- Gently restores the natural shade of enamel;
- Permanently gives breath freshness;
- Used to prevent caries.
- Rarely found in stores.
The best whitening pastes
Tooth enamel can be of different shades, and not all of them equally well turn into a white color. So, if initially the color of enamel has a grayish or brown tone, then whitening it with toothpastes is almost impossible. A noticeable effect can only be seen on fabrics with a yellowish tinge.
According to reviews, the maximum effect that reliable toothpaste can give is lightening for a couple of tones on the Vita scale. The most striking effect can be achieved using a paste with carbamide peroxide as an ingredient. However, do not believe advertising, which promises bleaching for 3-4 tones: without professional dental intervention, this is impossible. Among the best whitening pastes stand out:
The main active ingredient of the drug is the innovative compound Enamel Repair. It significantly lightens the enamel and inhibits the development of caries. Microtraumas in the teeth are filled with nanoparticles, because of which their surface gradually becomes smooth and healthy. In addition, it kills bacteria that cause dental diseases. Carefully and gently whiten teeth with regular use. The average cost of packaging is 470 rubles, the volume is 125 ml.
- The first effect is visible after a week of use;
- Contains micropolishing particles that treat injured enamel and stop its destruction;
- Neutralizes the effect of various acids on tooth enamel;
- Reduces the amount of bacterial plaque on the teeth.
Diamond glow Swiss Smile
Luxury level pasta. It contains in its structure tiny diamond grains, which gently polish the teeth. Enamel gets shine and brilliant shine. Microparticles do not harm tooth tissues at all. Allow to remove both fresh scurf, and old enamel darkening. It does not harm with daily cleaning, it is perfect for maintaining the white color of enamel after clarification with a specialist. Packing cost - 5 000 rub., Volume - 75 ml.
- Gently whitens, teeth begin to shine with an almost diamond glitter;
- The result is noticeable after the first cleaning;
- Returns smoothness to teeth and suspends enamel scattering;
- Provides hard dental tissues with vitamins and minerals;
- It contains no chemicals and is absolutely safe for permanent cleaning.
- Very high cost.
It is made using microabrasives that remove bacterial plaque and gently polish teeth. Fluorides in the structure of the paste provide the tooth tissues with mineral substances, and also gradually reduce the sharpness of the reaction to hot and cold food. The tool is recommended to use courses - every day for 4 weeks, then stop for 15-20 days. The cost of a tube is 300 rubles, the volume is 75 ml.
- Gently brightens the teeth;
- Removes microbial plaque and old darkening;
- Does not injure hard tooth tissues;
- Treats inflammation and reduces bleeding of soft tissues;
- Prevents the spread of caries and gingivitis;
- Makes teeth smooth.
- Contraindicated in persons with elevated concentrations of fluoride in the body.
The best pasta from periodontal disease and bleeding gums
Bleeding gums indicates a serious illness. It can be gingivitis, periodontal disease, periodontitis. Any pathology requires complex treatment, therefore, in addition to medical therapy, the doctor prescribes therapeutic toothpastes.
An effective remedy should have a healing and anti-inflammatory effect. And in order not to aggravate the situation, the paste must well remove the bacterial plaque that causes inflammation. Top 3 best pasta from bleeding and periodontal disease looks like this:
Parodontax with fluorine
Most of the composition of the paste - natural ingredients: extracts of chamomile, mint, myrrh, ritania, sage and echinacea. It is an indispensable component that complements the medical therapy for periodontal disease. Provides tooth tissue with minerals. In addition, gently whitens with regular use and prevents the occurrence of caries. Price - 150 rubles. Volume - 50 ml.
- It has a powerful antibacterial effect due to sodium bicarbonate, as well as echinacea, which effectively fights bacteria;
- Pain relief, relieves swelling, refreshes breath;
- Strengthens the gums, making them elastic and resilient;
- Qualitatively cleans from dental plaque;
- Makes enamel smooth and strong with regular use.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Allows you to quickly remove inflammation and bleeding of soft tissues due to antibacterial components. The action is enhanced by allontoyl and bisabol, which affect the affected area. Recommended for the treatment of paradontosis, gingivitis, caries, tartar. Approximate price - 300 rubles. Volume - 75 ml.
- Relief comes after the first use;
- Effectively heals wounds on the gums;
- Acts independently of the root cause of inflammation - mechanical injury or infection;
- Restores loose gums, returns them elasticity;
- Fights against harmful microorganisms;
- Paste can be used no more than 15-20 days.
As a rule, Lacalut Aktiv is used during exacerbation of the disease or as a prophylactic agent.It is recommended to use this paste once a day (in the morning or in the evening), and brush your teeth with the usual hygienic paste a second time.
The basis of the paste is a unique complex of medicinal herbs and essential oils. Due to the natural composition, toothpaste quickly eliminates bleeding and helps strengthen the gums. It also treats inflammation and stabilizes the pH level in the mouth. Price - 110 rubles., The volume of the tube - 50 ml.
Lacalut Fitoformula can be used longer than its counterpart Lacalut Aktiv. However, brushing her teeth constantly is also not recommended.
- Good cleansing of plaque;
- Inhibits the development of caries;
- Heals inflammation and bleeding quickly;
- It reduces the sensitivity of the enamel to hot and cold food.
- Not suitable for minors.
It is important! Before buying a medical paste from periodontal disease requires consultation of a dentist. He will determine the exact cause of bleeding gums and select the best tool. Blood from the gums can signal a very serious illness, and thoughtless use of toothpaste will only hide its symptoms and exacerbate the situation.
The best toothpaste for sensitive teeth
Hyperesthesia paste differs from other drugs by its low abrasive index. So, for whitening pastes, the RDA index is in the range from 100 to 120, for treatment-and-prophylactic - 75. For pastes for sensitive teeth, the index does not exceed 35.
When choosing such a paste, it is important to pay attention to the active ingredients. They may differ depending on the manufacturer and act in completely different ways. The best pastes for hyperesthesia are:
Lacalut Extra Sensitive
The remedy from the German manufacturer, which gives the maximum effect. It blocks the nerve endings, which is why the pain passes. With regular use, the paste fills the enamel with minerals and strengthens it. After use, a protective film appears on the tooth surface, which lasts for several hours. This coating helps fluoride to penetrate the enamel and enhances the effect. The average price of a package is 250 rubles, its volume is 75 g.
- Reduces pain after the first use;
- Stabilizes tooth sensitivity;
- Reduces the risk of caries;
- Restores damaged enamel.
- Among the active ingredients is sodium fluoride, so the paste is contraindicated for people with excess fluoride in the body.
Italian pasta with a minimum abrasive index: less than 25. Due to this, the enamel is almost not erased when brushing your teeth. It contains a lot of fluorine, which, in combination with other components, fully supplies tooth enamel with minerals. Dentists call this paste the best remedy for hypersensitive teeth. Price per pack - 230 rubles., Volume - 75 ml.
- Strengthens enamel, supplying it with a mass of mineral substances;
- Makes teeth less susceptible to hot and cold food, blocking nerve endings;
- Inhibits the development of caries;
- Relevant to those who are sensitive even to narrowly targeted means.
- Contains a greater concentration, which is unacceptable for some patients.
Sensodyne with fluoride
Quite a famous old brand, which is characterized by reliability and quality. Suitable for owners of hypersensitive teeth. But especially this paste is recommended for those who wear crowns. Contains fluoride and potassium nitrate, which help reduce inflammation and strengthen the teeth. It can be used as a medicine or to reduce the excessive sensitivity of enamel. In the second case, the drug is used once a day - in the morning or in the evening, and for the second procedure, take the usual paste. The average price is 180 rubles, the volume is 75 ml.
- It penetrates deep into the dentin layers and solves the problem from the inside;
- Nerve fibers become less susceptible after the first tooth brushing, and the pain is reduced;
- Restores damaged enamel, sealing microcracks.
- Not recommended for use by children under 12 years.
The best toothpaste without fluoride
Fluorine is considered a toxic mineral.Although it is necessary for the human body, there is no evidence that it is not enough in the consumed food. Such toothpastes are advised to buy to people who live in the Russian regions with an excess of this substance in drinking water. These include the Tver and Tambov regions, the Urals, some parts of the Moscow region, and Western Siberia.
An excess of this mineral in the body can adversely affect health: the heart, vessels and nerves are most often affected. However, progress does not stand still: pastes without fluoride appear on the market, which are equally good at cleaning enamel and killing causative agents of caries. The best of them are:
It contains calcium lactate, which supplies the enamel with mineral components. Thanks to papain and polydone in the structure, the paste gently removes plaque. Suitable for hypersensitive enamel. Price per package - 197 rubles. Volume - 40 ml.
- Effectively fights caries;
- Does not destroy enamel;
- Treats bleeding gums;
- Pleasant taste.
- Keeps fresh breath for a while.
No less effective drug of the same manufacturer Splat Tree. It has an unusual black color for the paste, but at the same time it qualitatively whitens the enamel and stabilizes the pH level in the oral cavity. In addition, it has an active antibacterial effect.
Most consumers believe that this is the best paste without fluoride. The drug contains calcium and xylitol, which help to normalize the acidic environment in the oral cavity. In addition, these components hinder the development of caries. Bromelain as a part of paste dilutes a pigment on enamel and removes it. Tube price - 275 rubles, volume - 60 ml.
- Wide range of tastes (more than 10);
- Provides calcium enamel;
- Makes teeth smooth and even thanks to the healing of microcracks;
- Allows to cure the beginning caries.
- Due to the low abrasiveness of the paste is not able to completely remove plaque;
- May cause enamel sensitivity.
Dentists recommend that those who are looking for a paste without fluoride, stop on this option. With prolonged use, this paste allows you to gently remove plaque and eliminate bleeding gums. . Packing cost - 183 rub., Volume - 100 ml.
- Helps with periodontal disease;
- Does not contain harmful component SLS;
- Suitable for long term use;
- As part of no parabens.
- Ineffective in the fight against tooth decay;
- In the composition there is soda as an abrasive substance;
- It has a specific taste.
The best refreshing pastes
Another feature that is especially appreciated in toothpaste is the elimination of bad breath. Smokers have a particular weakness for such products. Some pastes are able to refresh the breath for a day. Here are the best ones:
Splat Professional Maximum
The composition of the paste - only natural ingredients. It is ideal for fighting unpleasant odors, effectively eliminates them and blocks them for up to 8 hours. Removes plaque and has a slight whitening effect. The cost of a tube is 190 rubles, the volume is 100 ml.
- After morning cleansing, it refreshes the mouth for the whole day;
- Gently cleans teeth, suitable for overly sensitive enamel;
- Well removes yellow plaque from the teeth.
- It has a pronounced mint taste, and therefore has an effect on the mucous.
R.O.C.S. Coffee and Tobacco
Created specifically for smokers and coffee lovers, therefore eliminates bad breath by 100%. Also removes plaque on the teeth. It does not contain aggressive materials, therefore it carefully affects the enamel. With regular use restores the natural whiteness of teeth. Price - 249 rubles., The volume of the tube - 74 gr.
- Freshness after cleaning remains for a long time, but without a mint flavor;
- The special ingredient in the composition neutralizes the smell of tobacco;
- Suitable for cleaning sensitive teeth;
- Strengthens enamel and supplies it with minerals.
- Small volume tube.
Colgate Gentle Whitening (Gentle Whitening)
Budget, but very effective paste. It cleans teeth well, removes unpleasant odor and preserves freshness in the mouth for a long time. Cost - 70 rubles, volume - 100 ml.
- There are no harmful chemicals in the composition;
- Pleasant taste, which after cleansing gives a long feeling of freshness;
- Low price.
- Due to the strong mint concentration, the tongue can pinch;
- Bad whiten teeth.
The best toothpastes for children
For children who have not yet formed teeth, a special paste is needed. It should consist mainly of natural substances, and the concentration of therapeutic components should be several times less than in adult pastes. According to dentists, children's pasta should contain lysozyme, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase and glucose. To supply children's teeth with calcium, it is recommended to choose a paste with casein. So, the list of the best children's pastes includes:
R.O.C.S. Pro kids
This paste is 97% natural. Due to the increased calcium content, the paste strengthens the tooth enamel, honeysuckle extract reduces gum inflammation, and xylitol protects children's teeth from caries. Babies are particularly pleased with the pleasant berry taste and smell of pasta. The cost of a tube of paste - 195 rubles. Volume - 45 ml.
- Does not harm the body if swallowed;
- Kills harmful microbes in the mouth;
- Makes strong enamel and treats inflammation of the gums;
- It protects against caries and prevents the formation of plaque;
- Without parabens and dyes in the composition;
- Comfortable cleaning thanks to a pleasant taste;
- Has as part of SLS;
- Small tube.
A unique preparation, among the components of which is liquid enamel. In its composition, it is similar to the natural tooth tissue. Paste strengthens tissues and perfectly protects against caries. Packing cost - 340 rubles, volume - 50 ml.
- Provides enamel with vitamins and minerals;
- Kills microbes, treats inflammation, increases local immunity;
- It affects both the condition of the teeth and the gums;
- It has a pleasant strawberry flavor that children like;
- Suitable for teething.
- It is offered pasta with only one taste.
99.3% natural paste, used for children from birth to 3 years. Doctors recommend using this tool as an aid in teething, as it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Removes plaque without damaging the delicate enamel of children's teeth. Packing cost - 116 rub., Volume - 40 ml.
- Reduces pain and dulls sensitivity when the first teeth appear;
- Does not cause allergies;
- It prevents the development of caries and kills bacteria;
- Not dangerous when injected into the children's body;
- It has several flavors.
- Small volume tube.
Even if you have already chosen a suitable paste when studying the rating, you must always visit a dentist before buying it. Only a specialist will be able to assess the condition of the mucous membrane, tooth enamel and identify pathologies at the initial stage. Timely prevention will be cheaper and less expensive than repairing the teeth after improper cleaning.